Get started with IMAP email migration
Are you looking to switch to a new email service provider, or do you want to create a backup of your email messages? Our IMAP-based email migration service can help you easily and efficiently migrate your email messages from one provider to another. In this article, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to use our service, as well as tips and tricks to make the process as smooth as possible.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to use our IMAP-based email migration service:
- First, you will need to sign up for our service. This can be done through our website. We don't require any payment information or personal information for this service, this is to prevent abuse of the service.
- Once you have signed up, you select the Create button then choose IMAP Migration. You'll be prompted to provide your email address, password.Other information such as the server address and port number for your email provider will be automatically detected, but you have the choice to provide your own.
- After you have configured migration task, we will do a initial check to assess the available space in the new email box, and show you some basic information on both the source mailbox and destination mailbox. We'll still allow the migration even if something doesn't look quite right at this step, but we do show these information for you to confirm the operation.
- Once you confirm the information of both mailboxes. The migration will be queued to be executed. You can monitor the live progress in our web app.
- When the migration is complete, we'll send a new email to the destination mailbox.
Tips and Tricks
Here are a few tips and tricks to keep in mind when using our IMAP-based email migration service:
- Make sure you have enough storage space in your new email account to accommodate all of your email messages.
- Be prepared for the migration process to take some time, especially if you have a large number of messages in your account.
- If possible, try to avoid using your email account while the migration is in progress, as this can interfere with the process. It should still mostly work, but some new messages might be missing in the first run. You can create another task to migrate them, as our email migration services are incremental, it won't end up with duplicated messages.
- If you encounter any problems during the migration process, don't hesitate to contact our support team for assistance.
Different Email Service Providers
Our IMAP-based email migration service is able to handle a wide range of providers. However, some providers has special restrictions on using the IMAP protocol. If you have any questions about using our IMAP-based email migration service, don't hesitate to contact our support team. We're here to help!